There’s nothing better than showing up to the gym with veiny arms, blood pumping and ready to go. Most people can’t do this, but in this article I’ll show you how to get a muscle pump fast.
There’s a few steps to being able to have veiny arms. You won’t be able to do this if you’re overweight, unhealthy, and new to lifting.
This article is for intermediate to advanced lifters only.
If you’re new to lifting and would like to progress towards it, we’ve included steps to help you become more vascular.
How To Get Your Veins Popping
Getting veins like zyzz is going to be a challenge, especially if you’re new to lifting. Having visible veins comes down to two things, having a low body fat percentage, and having a good amount of muscle.
Out of the two, I would say a lower bodyfat percentage is key. Veins are visible under 15% bodyfat, but keep in mind it’s about the areas of the fat.
For example, you could be lacking a 6 pack but have big arms and still have veins there. That’s just because your arms are so muscular your fat in those areas naturally goes down.
Step 1: Shred Fat
Shredding fat in this case means you want to get down to a low bodyfat percentage. First, you have to calculate your bodyfat percentage.
The most accurate body fat percentage tests are the ones where you go to a doctors office to get scanned.
Those are called DEXA scans, and are extremely accurate. Unless you’re willing to drop some serious $$$, I wouldn’t get one.
Instead, I would go to the official body fat calculator. Simply enter in your measurements, and it will tell you a general estimate of what body fat % you are. It could be slightly off, but it’s close enough to tell where you’re at.
Depending on what your body fat percentage is, you’re going to want to eat in certain ways.
- Calculate your basal metabolic rate
- Calculate how much less to eat (view table)
- Actually eat less
|Your Body Fat Percentage||Caloric Deficit To Eat At|
|35% +||Take BMR and eat at a - 40% caloric deficit|
|30%||Take BMR and eat at a -30% caloric deficit|
|25%||Take BMR and eat at a -20% caloric deficit|
|15-20%||Take BMR and eat at a -10% caloric deficit|
Step 2: Build Muscle
Once you’re down to a good bodyfat percentage, start packing on the pounds. Don’t get fat though, you’ll want to eat at a slight caloric intake to build muscle for vascularity.
Building muscle is easy, you just have to consume enough protein per pound of bodyweight you want to be at. You also have to be at a slight caloric intake for lean muscle (no more than 100-500 calories).
Let’s say you’re 180 pounds want to be 200 pounds. Eat 200 grams of protein a day and eat 2,500 calories. This follows the rule of protein intake per pounds of muscle, and the slight caloric intake rule.
How To Get A Pump In 5 Minutes (FAST)
Alright, now that we’ve established the pre-required criteria to be able to be vascular, let’s get into how you can get a pump in 5 minutes, or just how to get a muscle a pump fast.
Getting a pump is all about the blood being able to flow through your veins. That’s why it’s critical you’re warmed up.
In order to get a pump, I like taking pre-workout and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Then I run a lap on the track until my blood is flowing. Not enough to burn calories, but enough to wake me up.
Quick Steps To Get A Pump In 5 Minutes
- Take A Good Pre-Workout
- Take 1/2 Tablespoon Of Salt Right Before You Workout
- Run At A Medium Rate To Get Your Blood Pumping
That’s really all you need to know on how to get a muscle pump fast. Now we’ll get into some supplements to increase vascularity (seeing your veins).
Supplements To Increase Muscle Pumps
The best supplement to increase vascularity is just plain nitric oxide. Nitric oxide encourages blood flow to ensure you get a good pump in the gym. Nitric oxide is how to get a muscle a pump fast. (Like insanely fast)
It will also make your muscles function better, as well as be broken down more after the workout. This is due to all the blood flowing through them. This is completely natural and should happen.
Gorilla Mode Nitric
Gorilla mode nitric is by far the best supplement on the market to increase vascularity. This is because it has critical ingredients to make sure your blood is flowing.
Gorilla Mode Nitric Contains:
- 10,000 MG PURE L-CITRULLINE – The ONLY pre-workout in the entire industry featuring the maximum effective dosage of PURE L-Citrulline that IS NOT artificially inflated with Malic Acid on the label (with Citrulline Malate, you’re only getting 1/2 – 2/3 as much L-Citrulline as the label implies). The huge spike in Nitric Oxide significantly increases pumps, endurance and can cut DOMS in half after training.
- 5000 MG CREATINE MONOHYDRATE, 4000 MG GLYCERPUMP, 4000 MG BETAINE ANHYDROUS – 8 combined grams of Glycerpump and Betaine work in synergy to supersaturate the muscle and induce a state of hyper-hydration for massive pumps, endurance and power. Also includes your full daily saturation dose of Creatine. Creatine has shown time and time again to significantly improve strength, power output and muscle size.
- 1500 MG NITROSIGINE, 1500 MG AGMATINE SULFATE: Agmatine selectively increases the expression of eNOS to flood the muscle with even more blood. Nitrosigine at 1500 mg was shown to be as effective as 8000 mg of Citrulline Malate 2:1, and it stacks on top of our 10 gram dose of L-Citrulline and 1.5 grams of Agmatine to push the Arginine-eNOS-NO pathway to boundaries not yet reached in a pre-workout.
- 1500 MG SODIUM NITRATE, 254 MG VasoDrive-AP: The traditional Arginine–eNOS–nitric oxide (NO) pathway is what most NO precursors focus on. The nitrate–nitrite–nitric oxide (NO) pathway often goes completely neglected though, and is another pathway we leverage here with a very high dose of Nitrates to amplify Nitric Oxide levels to an even greater level. VasoDrive-AP tackles vasodilation from another angle via the inhibition of ACE, consequently increasing oxygen and nutrient carrying capacity.
- 30,754 MG TOTAL NITRIC OXIDE PRECURSORS, PLASMA EXPANDERS AND VOLUMIZING AGENTS – This product is so potent that we actually had to edit this product page to warn you that it will have some grittiness. When we say it is the most potent formula on Amazon, we aren’t kidding. It isn’t possible to make a potent formula like this that mixes like a run of the mill cookie cutter watered down pre-workout. More potent = more issues mixing. If you want the best, then choose us and embrace the grit.
How To Get A Muscle Pump Fast: Conclusion
All in all, knowing how to get a muscle a pump fast (and actually getting one) won’t work unless you’ve got a low body fat percentage and a good amount of muscle.
You can take pre workout, salt, and run to get a pump in just 5 minutes.
If you want to get an even better pump, check out gorilla mode nitric.